Thursday, September 23, 2010

TIPS

This week theme is tips. I was thinking what kind of tips that I can give you all. I don’t want just ordinary tips that people already know. So, I decided to write tips for rabbit lover.
My girlfriend and I really love animals, especially rabbit and dog. I do have pets, 1 rabbit in Malaysia and 1 rabbit at my hometown. Taking care of rabbit is not as easy as you think. My girlfriend just lost her rabbit because of diarrhea and since that, she has been reading on books about rabbit. She told me and taught me about it. There are few points that you have to take note if you want to have one.


                                                                This is my Hurley :)
Water is a must for your rabbit
Many people, especially the seller say that rabbit doesn’t need water. Sometimes they even say that if we give water, the rabbit will be dead. The truth is rabbit needs water. Rabbit is like the other living creatures, same like human. Human can survive without eating, but cannot survive without drinking. The reasons why some people don’t give their rabbit drink are they don’t want the rabbit pee and they don’t know. Mostly the seller wants to keep their place neat and clean, without rabbit’s pee. However, some pet shop (usually the good one) give drink to the rabbit.


Keep your rabbit in the correct place
What is the ‘correct place’ category? It means you have to put in the right temperature and right humidity. Rabbit doesn’t like hot and dry place. You cannot let the sunlight come to the rabbit directly. Sunlight can make the rabbit stress and affect their eating habit. Other than that, it can make stunted hair growth and declining quality of sperm. However, it doesn’t mean that you can let the rain and wind attached. Based on my girlfriend experience, if you let it happen, the rabbit will flatulence. Flatulence will cause diarrhea, even can cause death.



                                                                        Darwin :)
Give the right food
Lots of people say that don’t let the food or vegetable wet, it is correct. But it doesn’t mean that you cannot wash the vegetable. Based on my experience, washing the vegetable is a must, in order to clean the pesticide.  After washing, we put the veggie under the sun, so it will dry. Dried veggie contains higher fiber than the normal one.
Beside veggie, we have to give pellet / rabbit food. It contains all the fiber and vitamin that rabbit needed, because it is processed.
One more tips, don’t give your rabbit too much carrot, it is not good. They need more fiber. You can combine it with timothy hay (for adults) and alfalfa hay (for bunny). Dried veggie and grass is the best for rabbit.


That’s wrap for today, I will give more tips tomorrow. I hope the tips are useful for all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment